Monday, August 20, 2012

Holding Pattern

Hi All, 

Thank you Chris and Dave for watching Ainsley last night.  I know it is a lot of work.  She slept for three hours after you guys left the house so I can tell she didn't sleep much for you.  I hope you got some rest today!  Thanks for being there for us and for loving Ainsley.

Thank you Hannah for watching Ainsley while Megan taught this evening.  The pictures were great!  She had such a great time with you!  We are very grateful for you Hannah.

Megan headed back to work yesterday so she is back to teaching in the evenings.  

Meara is receiving around the clock IV antibiotics.  The infectious disease team came to visit today and described that the same infection that is in her urine is also the one that is between the scalp and bone flap.  They aren't sure how it got to either point but obviously the two are connected in some way.  They will be teaming with the neurosurgery team to watch over Meara's symptoms and progress.  They have ordered a MRI to see what is going on inside.  That might happen Wednesday.  We are stuck here for a undetermined amount of time.  They won't give us a timeline until they figure out what is going on with the infection.  At the least, when we go home at some point they will leave her central line in and we'll have to administer IV antibiotics at home.  I'm thinking I might have to take more time off from work.  We've been here almost three weeks now and I get the sense that we have quite a bit to go.

I want to apologize for the lack of pep in the posts.  Megan and I are just drained.  We expected that by now Meara would be rockin' the therapy and that we'd be headed home this week.  I feel guilty that I'm not as positive as I was the first few weeks.  It just gets harder the more tired we get and the more time we spend here.  The hospital is amazing, the staff is extremely caring and knowledgable.  I don't know what to say.  It's just getting really hard emotionally.

Our sister-in-law Christy, Will, and Adaline (Meara's cousins) are arriving tomorrow to spend a week watching over Ainsley for us.  Thanks Matt and Christy for being there for us.

Thanks for loving us everyone.  Sorry that Meara isn't in visiting condition at the moment.

Love and Gratitude,
Aaron




1 comment:

  1. Feel no need to apologize to people reading here for a lack of pep. The only people who need pep from you right now are Meara and Ainsley. Save it up for them. As for the rest of us, you can without shame admit that this is hard, frustrating, exhausting. I'm not very worried that giving yourself a little leeway on that will lead you to wallowing - yes, that would probably drag you down, but I don't think you'll go there.

    ReplyDelete