Thursday, August 2, 2012

Awake

Hi All, she is finally awake for longer than a few minutes.  Watching some cartoons on PBS.  Asking for chocolate milk and refusing raspberries from Daddy.  Told her I'd give her one in the armpit when she feels better.  She frowned at me.  That means she's in the good.


I'm including a picture.  Might help everyone feel more connected.  I spared you from the incision side although you'll see the wires coming out of the incision on the top of her head.  She's a bit swollen but not as bad as we thought it would be.


I'm trying to convince Megan to go back to sleep.  We are waiting to be moved upstairs to the EMU.  They have only a few video monitoring rooms upstairs and still getting one prepped for us.  Might be till later on this afternoon or evening until I post again. 


From here on out it is about pain management and trying to encourage seizure activity.  If I can grab some video of her active and talking this week I'll see if I can get that posted as well.


Your prayers on this first surgery helped a great deal.  Everyone agrees that it went well and that she is responding appropriately to what has happened.


Love and Peace to all of you and everlasting gratitude for lifting us up.


Love,
Aaron & Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment