Friday, February 7, 2014

Change of Plans

Meara started developing symptoms of a cold yesterday afternoon and when she woke up this morning the symptoms were worse.  As a result the surgery has been postponed until she is free of the cold.  

The pressure in her head is intense at the moment and she's in a good deal of pain.  We asked if they would drain the fluid temporarily (with syringes) like we did once before but understandably the neuro staff doesn't want to risk infection, especially with her cold.

The plan is to wait it out.  If she's in enough pain to be throwing up like she did in November then we'll have to admit her to the ER at Children's and determine a new plan.  Otherwise we wait  and check back with the surgery scheduler on Monday to see if it's possible to schedule the next earliest surgery date.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and positive vibes being sent our way.  Meara is in pain but she's also safe and Megan and I have our wits about us.  Everything is okay and it will work out soon.  Meara just has to hang in there a little longer.  She'll get through this like she always has.

Thank you so much for your love and strength.  We are doing well because of it.  More updates as we know more.

All our love,
Aaron & Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment