Monday, January 13, 2014

Mad World


Tears for Fears…as I'm picking up toys after the girls fall asleep.  I'm on the floor picking up tinker toys and trying to figure out how we accumulated so many of these toys when "Mad World" lands on the playlist…boom.  Time for deep reflection…

"Bright and early for the daily races, going nowhere…"

I think how lucky I am that I get to wake up and be part of a vocation that I need more than it needs me.  No daily race…just striving to be present and have meaningful interactions and moments with my own family and my students.

"Find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, that the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had…"

Is it possible that these difficult journeys we've been on actually add meaningful to our lives that elevate us to a higher sense of purpose and understanding…learning to listen to others…their suffering, their calls for community, connection, and embrace.  Maybe that is why dreams of dying leave such a impression…it helps us realize just how important life is.  

"Children waiting for the day they feel good…"

Children want connection.  They want to be heard.  They want to be able to express their challenges  with reconciling a world filled with so much violence, exclusion, and greed.  They want a better world.  They want to feel good…

"People run in circles, it's a very mad world…"

All the time…the look of resignation on people's faces.  What are you after?  Are you contributing to good in the world…or are you just taking?  If you are running in circles…chances are it's time to start focusing on the giving…the contributing…something other than…"How much can I get out of this?"  Chances are you might stop running in circles…

Just a bunch of random thoughts on…I'm sure Tears for Fears' random thoughts…

Sorry.  This has nothing to do with Meara's treatment.  Petscan on January 21st.  Probably find out whether or not she'll get a shunt after that.  She's doing great.  Back at school and loving it.  

All our love,
Aaron


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update and the introspective thoughts. As always, I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete